Royal Electric Supply Company was established in Philadelphia in 1919. We originally were located in the now-historic area near the Betsy Ross National Historic Site. Presently we are located in the geographic center of Philadelphia, on Hunting Park Avenue above Kelly Drive, in the East Falls community. Royal is close to I-76 and US1 for easy access to its customers. We continue to be a family owned and operated business.
The third generation is actively engaged in the running of the company. Royal’s first sales were kits used to convert gas mantel lights to electrical fixtures. The next step was selling to hardware stores and then to electrical contractors. During the 1930’s, Royal became a major distributor to the thriving Philadelphia industrial marketplace. We maintain a strong position in this arena today.
It was an easy move to the OEM market, and Royal supplies component parts to this expanding segment. Electrical contractors remain an integral aspect of Royal’s customer mix, but are limited in scope. Royal has a 52,000 square-foot modern warehouse and office building, featuring state-of-the-art communications capabilities. We have over thirty employees serving eight hundred active customers in the metro Philadelphia region, across the US and around the world.
When you’re in need of..
- Electrical Safety and Arc-Flash Audits and Training
- 1000-Volt Glove Rotation and Testing Management
- Lighting Optimization and Energy Efficiency Walkthroughs
- Equipment and Electronic Board Repairs
- Customized Stocking Options through our Inventory Control and Stocking Programs
- Supply Chain Management
- Kitting and Custom Packaging
- On-Site Warehouse Management and Consigned Inventory Programs
- Custom Pricing and Quoting Options
- 24/7 Emergency Service and Quick-Shipping
Royal can help. We get it!