This new MC Luminary Cable™ is built to solve one specific and time-consuming problem: installation of dimming systems.
Over the years, lighting systems have become more efficient with increased use of LED and fluorescent capabilities. New technologies have lowered the costs and energy usage of lighting devices in buildings. Innovations in lighting technology include using automated or manual dimming systems. These dimmers not only maximize energy savings, but also the life of the system.
Dimming systems require both power cables and control cables to control the amount of power supplied to the lights. Current installation methods for LED and fluorescent dimming systems require power and control cables to be run parallel and terminated separately which can be time consuming and expensive. AFC Cable Systems (AFC) has developed an easier method to deliver both power cables and control cable under one UL® listed metal clad armor (MC Cable). Running only one cable provides an organized appearance in the wall. Available in both lightweight steel and aluminum armor, MC Luminary Cable™ can significantly reduce labor and installation time.
MC Luminary Cable™ cable is manufactured in accordance with UL® 66, 83, 1479, 1569, 1581, and 2556 standards and complies with NEC® 330 and 725.
- LED and Fluorescent dimming
- SMART Buildings
- Armor: Galvanized Interlocking Steel Strip (blue striped) or Interlocking Aluminum Strip
- Solid Copper Conductors
- Insulated Conductor Type THHN and TFN
- Neutral Conductor: White or Gray
- Control Cables: 16 AWG Solid TFN Twisted jacketed pair (Purple/Gray)
- Permits conductors of circuits to be placed in a cable with conductors of electric light, power, or Class 1 circuits
- May be surface mounted, fished and/or embedded in plaster
- UL 66, 83, 1479, 1569, 1581, 2556, File Reference E80042
- NEC 250.118, 300.22(C), 392, 396, 330, 501, 502, 503, 530, 504, 505, 518, 520, 530, 645, 725
- Federal Specification A-A-59544 (formerly J-C-30B)
- Meets all applicable OSHA and HUD Requirements
- Cable Tray Rated, install per NEC
- UL Classified 1, 2, and 3 hour through penetration (Fire Stop) product, R 14141
- Environmental Air-Handling Space Installation per NEC 300.22(C)
- Power and/or lighting as well as signal and/or control conductors per NEC Section 725.136(I)(1)*
- Made in USA of US and/or imported materials