Hubbell Wiring Device-Kellems’ new line of Watertight Wiring Devices is designed with superior resistance to water ingress. The devices also feature a smoother body that reduces debris build-up and simplifies the cleaning process.
The full line of Watertight Wiring Devices includes plugs, connectors, and receptacles; 15 and 20 AMP straight blade devices; 15, 20, and 30 AMP Twist-Lock devices; duplex receptacles; portable outlet boxes and covers; and spare parts. These devices and connectors feature:
- Thermoplastic, impact-resistant material
- UL Type 4X and 6P environmental ratings
- Cone seals that block water ingress
- Collapsible bushing that adapts to cable size, allowing the strain relief nut to always fully close on the body
- Intermateability with devices from other manufacturers
- Stainless steel mounting hardware and hinge springs/pins
- Lockable covers that meet OSHA Lockout/Tagout regulations
The Watertight Wiring Devices line can stand up to regular facility wash-downs, survive mud and standing water, and withstand severe weather exposure.
The line is listed to UL498 specifications, certified to CSA C22.2 No. 42 standards, and are the first devices of this type to be NSF certified. Hubbell’s Watertight Wiring Devices are ideal for power delivery in harsh, wet environments, such as food and beverage processing plants, factories, water and sewer plants, amusement parks and outdoor carnivals, on construction sites, or any application where power is critical and conditions are abusive.
Plugs, connectors, receptacles, portable outlet boxes, and portable outlet box face plates are available in a yellow/gray or black style.